lunedì 6 maggio 2013

Yearbook!

And finally, like in every American movie, I have my yearbook too!!!
For those who don't know what a yearbook is, I'll try to explain it and I'm sure you've heard it before from movies.. The yearbook is the huge book that has pictures of all the students, staff and team of the school. The students themselves can take the yearbook class and work about it the entire year, from the inside to the outside. This year's yearbook is WAY prettier than the past ones because it's really simple outside but modern in the inside. Usually people use the yearbook to let friends write in it and I have to be honest, I love what people wrote in mine, I think I couldn't get better friends! It's crazy how people who I talk to but don't hang out with wrote such sweet things! It's true that I always want to be nice to people, but still... :) I am really thankful. My pictures turned out better than I expected and this year for the first time at South we have an EXCHANGE STUDENT PAGE!!! :D It's really exciting! The reason why we had one this year is that we are friends with one of the guys in charge of the yearbook and he loved us so much that he wanted us to have a page. This is what he personally wrote: " Imagine leaving your home, your family, and your friends for an entire year to go not just anywhere, but to Anchorage, Alaska.  That's exactly what nine of South's own foreign exchange students did this year.  They packed up their things, got on a plane to the United States, and prepared to brave the cold- each with their own expectations, fears, and hopes.  During their year here there were definitely rough patches and struggles, with the language and cultural barrier presenting a challenge at first.  Many of them claimed that they missed the food and the warmer weather of their respective home countries.  Compared to below freezing temperatures starting in September who can blame them?  As they adjusted to the American culture, however, they began to experience things they never could've imagined.  Gaia Quinto, from Italy, was "surprised that I could get eaten by a bear", and Blanca Icaza, a Junior from Spain, found that "teachers are so nice here".  Despite the obvious hills and valleys, South's exchange students found a pleasurable environment in a totally alien setting."

ISN'T IT AWESOME?!?!?!
Thank you Travis for this amazing page! It's very very cooooool!

We made another video for film as Lit! We had to make a video for a song at our choice and guess what we chose? MULAN! I'll make a man out of you! It sucks to hard that I cannot put the videos on Internet and show you guys but trust me that is really funny ahah

I hope all of you guys are doing okay and that Italy doesn't bother you so much.

Oh I forgot.... We had the "goodbye" orientation two days ago that should prepare us to come back to our different lives and handle the reverse cultural shock. If you think that the exchange student experience ends taking the airplane back to Europe, you're wrong. After you lived here a year and you learned so many things, you adapted yourself to the food and lifestyle of another country, learned what your dreams are and learned that you're strong enough to pursue them.... You have to come back and put in practice what you learned and make your old life like the one that you want to live. And at first everything will be different again and we won't recognize the place anymore... So we have to wait a couple of months and then everything will be normal again. That's why who's an exchange student is an exchange student forever, because experiencing and adapting yourself to new things is something that happens billions of times in your life. :) We should look for changes and challanges and see how much we can push ourselves. If it's easy it's not challenging you enough, if it's hard, then you get something out of it.  That's a fact! :)

Now I have to go but I hope everything is okay, I added a page where you can ask questions, feel free!
Bye! Positive attitude! :) 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Ha scritto