martedì 19 marzo 2013

Spring Break is over... That means we're headed towards Prom!

Hey guys how are you? Unfortunately the Spring Break is over... It has been nice this week, it was always sunny! That's why Marta and I once tanned in the hot tub, to get ready for prom and take a little bit of sun.. Then Katelyn spent a night at our house and we kinda had fun.. Then we went to the swimming pool, we went shopping and ice skating, we exercised a lot, we ate healthy... (tra parentesi sono dimagrita 1 chilo ahahah faccio ridere).. people came over for dinner and we spent almost the entire afternoon cooking risotto with salmon which was kinda good..
We are trying to get everything ready for prom that it's in 3 weeks! I got the dress, now we need jewelry!
Everything is better and worse.. I  mean, it's better because now the end of school is getting closer and we will have two important events, prom and graduation, and we'll party :) Wohu...
But it is also worse cause I have to come back and work on myself and my life to fit in my old one again and in a better way with different goals!
I am kinda happy of coming back because life here is getting to be kinda the same, even though when the guys are at our house everything is so much more fun.
I did softball for 2 months and it was really fun I liked softball! But I couldn't join the team because I had to get in the Varsity team and they were all really good players. The bad part of our school is that is a big school and students are really really competitive in sports and that means that join a team is almost impossible... I could have done swimming at the beginning of the year but I came here so late that the team had already started for a month.  That sucks so much, I would have made the team with no problem! But.... That's the price to pay to come to Alaska and that's okay... I can't complain!
The beautiful thing of this experience is that every exchange student faces both bad sides and good sides of the host family, host school, host state and host country just like a normal American!
I feel really lucky to be in Alaska because it's an amazing place to live in due to landscapes, views, wilderness... It is a real experience and it's way different than living in the lower 48 where from one state to the other it doesn't change that much... Alaska is almost in Russia and it has even the North Pole!!! :)
I live in the place where Balto and Koda fratello orso (or the brother bear) is set, I mean.... Not bad, uh? sometimes I with I could have gone in the lower 48 so that I could have lived a "easier school" but at the end of the day when I see the view from my house I ask myself what else I need...
I have some more work to do on myself and I'll try to reach my last goals in these last 2 months. Deal! :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Ha scritto