giovedì 31 gennaio 2013

The Next Step? (Mamma non leggere che ti viene un coccolone)

Since this blog is meant to be something that contains all my thoughts after this year.. I want to share this mood that I have now.
The idea was born 3 or 4 days ago in my computer keyboarding class. The teacher asked me where I wanted to travel so bad and my mind started travel all around the world till it stopped in New Zealand... Right after having looked up on Internet the question was: I just need to find a cheap way to go there. But how?
Well, guys it took me 10 minutes to realize that I know a girl now in Australia and she is working and she is happy. :)
Badabim badabum: the answer is applying for the Au Pair program!
It's totally different from the program that I'm experiencing now.
This year I had the opportunity to live the American Dream, to live an American school life, to live as an American-even though I would say more Alaskan-girl, to learn how to manage myself in many situations and to learn new skills that our Italian schools cannot teach me.
The Au Pair program is completely different; you have a sort of job there, such as babysitting for x hours per day and receive a salary every week. You need to stay in your host family's house and they pay for the food and activities that you do with their kids. You have a little bit of free time but the main thing is that you are there to work a little bit to afford activities such as going to the museum or cinema, going out with you friends...
The cost to apply is REALLY cheap.. Not even near to the one that I paid to come here, since here I live in a school and an organization takes care of burocracy..
It's nothing that I have decided yet but I would really love to do it just because I could live in Australia or New Zealand for one year and it would be even summer time!!!
You guys I bet are asking when I plan to do it... Well... The right moment would be right after the 5th year of high school in Italy because afterwards I will have to apply for college and I need to study and maybe get a scholarship for kind of Erasmus program! :)
I am not crazy... I do love my family, I love Italy.. but that is a land that cannot give any success. And I love travel and this way is the cheapest way.. Let me know what you think. Mom I know you read this, try to understand :) You can always come to visit me in Australia or New Zealand :)

-“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” -

-“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end."-

-“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”-

-“Travel brings power and love back into your life."-

-“To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” -

-“To travel is to live.”-

3 commenti:

  1. Aww :) i love Austalia!! it's a country that i have always wanted to visit because i love it! <3 i think you must chase your dreams! and so... CARPE DIEM! AHAHAH Since you know English very well, YOU CAN DO IT! <3
    P.S. i miss you!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Awww!!! You're so precious mon amour! :) But you're right, Everybody should follow his dreams, i mean, It comes naturally! :D i hope you are doing anything possibile to follow yours... That's the only thing that makes you feel happy as heaven

      Elimina

Ha scritto